Friday, August 17, 2018

Sunday, August 19, 2018 – Progressive Revelation and Insatiable Desire

Sunday, August 19, at 11:00 a.m. – Progressive Revelation and Insatiable Desire – “When you live for the cause that progressively unfolds and reveals itself, your desires are under progressive transformation,” said Henry Nelson Wieman, “but when you live for satisfaction of them they are fixated.” I think I’ve just discovered why I remain hopeful and even optimistic despite my chronic malaise, why I am insatiably curious even about subjects I’m presumptuous enough to believe I’ve already mastered, and why I’ve never seemed to be fully satisfied when I’ve accomplished (or helped to accomplish) anything. Wieman’s insight helps to explain why we always seem to be on a quest for something more. Rev. Stefan Jonasson

Services are in the Gimli Unitarian Church's landmark building at 76 Second Avenue, near Centre Street. Dress is casual — after all, it's summer!



1 comment:

  1. Excellent sermon. Just one correction: the famous Lennon quote "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." was popularized by Lennon, however, the expression of this sentiment can be traced back to a 1957 Reader's Digest article, which attributes it to Allen Saunders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Boy_(Darling_Boy)#cite_note-3

    ReplyDelete